Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tunisian Crochet

During my coffee break this morning I taught myself how to Tunisian crochet. I've been putting off learning this stitch because it looks complicated and I can get the same look by knitting. However, there are days I get interested in trying out something new, usually when there is another project I need to get started on (of which there are currently two). So today is the perfect time to try this new stitch out! It took me all of 5 minutes. Lol. I still feel very accomplished and look forward to designing new patterns with this new stitch.



I used Jane Crawfoot's Ultimate Crochet Bible published by C&B Crafts, for instructions on how to create the basic Tunisian stitch. This is by far my favorite crochet book! It is easy to understand, has simple but effective graphics and has informative tutorials on stitches, color work, adding beading, and color work. I definitely recommend this book for beginners to intermediate crochet addicts. :) 



For online instructions, Mary from Crocheting the Day Away has a great tutorial on how this stitch is accomplished. It can be found here.



My first finished Tunisian crochet project: a headband with a crocodile flower. Instructions for the crocodile pattern can be found here. Enjoy!

Now on to my other projects. Come back for a look at my Star Wars Boba Fett hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment